Modded Valve Junior

fivesixonesk8er

I just won an auction for a modded Epiphone Valve Junior.

The mod is the BITMO TRIO mod. The modifications add a tone knob with pull boost, and three level settings "Voicing Gain Switch" (lo, mo, and woah!).

You can hear demo clips of the "Voicing Gain Switch" mod here:

I can't wait to get it!

I also just scored a 2x12 Orange Cab for $300, which I'm going to pick up in the next few days!!

I have that mod on my amp. It's pretty cool. I keep meaning to do a track with it to show everyone the sounds. I forgot all about the push/pull tone/gain knob. I've never actually used it. I need to try it.

Now I know what I'm gonna do with that hundred bucks my mom gave me for Xmas. I'm gonna buy myself a Valve Jr, then I'm gonna buy that mod kit.

Santa Claus brought me a Valve Junior head for Christmas and I'm quite pleased with it as is. I've tinkered with the notion of changing the tubes out, but honestly...It's working for me pretty damn well.

I'm debating on getting the Blackheart Little Giant too...

Other than the Orange cab, what kind of cabs are you guys using?

Other than the Orange cab, what kind of cabs are you guys using?

I'm using a generic single 12" cab with a weber bluedog speaker in it. I also use a marshall tsl cab with it sometimes. It has 2 different 12" celestions in it. The bluedog speaker gives it more a voxy sound while the marshall speaker gives it more of a marshall sound.

Last edited:
The Handsome Devil is a 15W/7W amp, though, and the Little Giant is a 5W/3W amp. It's the really low-power amps I'm interested in.

Ditto, Sir.

I'm using the 12 in my fender combo, though I do have another cab sitting around with a 15 and a horn in it. It's quite interesting to say the least. I dig both though.

damn i wish i could solder..or knew someone that could do all that stuff...cause that sounds so nice. im interested in these little tube amps...are they good for running things like pods through?

OLD NEWS!!!

Blackheart Engineering has a newer, better, more powerful amplifier coming out called the Blackheart Handsome Devil.

Jeez, must I always be the one who keeps you guys up on these things??? :D:D:D

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM08/Content/BlackheartEngineering/PR/Handsome-Devil-Amp.html

You're a little behind yourself. Blackheart now has a tinier amp, the Killer Ant.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM08/Content/BlackheartEngineering/PR/Killer-Ant-Guitar-Amp-.html

And they have a huge 100 watt head coming our way for the people who don't know that that's too much for any situation.

Back