Mixing vocals with mp3 instrumental

Wence

Well i'm looking for someone that could help me with this and tell me if i'm right or wrong, the thing is that i'm mixing vocals with a mp3 instrumental, what i did to get the vocals sit in the beat was using ''Waves'' Tranx/Wide plugin (SD-More Stick) preset on the beat, then i just adjust the volume of my vocals a lil bit higher than the beat so i can hear them more standing out in the mix, then put all in a mixdown and added a light compressor on it to glue everything.
I know some people eq on the beat but i think doing that will make the beat lose power

I would like to share the song so you guys can tell me how it sounds

not to ruin the party here but using mp3 files for mixing is not the best idea, you should be using WAV ideally.

not to ruin the party here but using mp3 files for mixing is not the best idea, you should be using WAV ideally.

Yeah, that's a pretty sub-optimal way to do things.

Presumably, you're buying these beats from a producer, right? Would it be possible either have him send you the unmixed project (with uncompressed tracks) or for you to send him your raw vocals to mix into the project.

Also... you're using the n-word an awful lot... Your native language sounds like ... Russian? Something in that region? That might be an ill-advised affectation to adopt.

Yeah, that's a pretty sub-optimal way to do things.

Presumably, you're buying these beats from a producer, right? Would it be possible either have him send you the unmixed project (with uncompressed tracks) or for you to send him your raw vocals to mix into the project.

Also... you're using the n-word an awful lot... Your native language sounds like ... Russian? Something in that region? That might be an ill-advised affectation to adopt.

in UK english, this is normal practice, thanks for the critisism but it's un called for in this case, if you want to say something constructive make it have an actual meaning next time.

Back