mix-n-match (maybe) Ion usb turntable with Adobe Audition??

SteveinAlaska

Walked out of the Sears & Roebuck store this afternoon with one of these gems all for $79.99! It's an ION Quick Play Flash that has all 3 speeds. In my case I need to use it for old 78s. the player can be connected to an amp with RCA connects or be connected to a computer with USB. It also has a setup disc for the converting vinyl to CD.....BUT, it sets it up for iTunes...and that is my question.

I will attempt to go to Adobe Audition without using the ION set up disc. Another thought is to go USB turntable> TEAC reel-to-reel> PC interface> Adobe for finished CD. I am in experiment mode so bear with me:laughings:

Right now it is -10F with just over 3 hours daylight. I finish work on Friday and become officially retired at 62, so time is on my hands. Thanks for any help.

Over in the Audition User forums I've heard of some people having problems getting Audition to recognise a USB turntable because it's a "one way" device and AA tries to find an output channel to the device (and, for obvious reasons, fails dismally). I don't know if that was the Ion TT though.

I'd be tempted to go into Audition (via the amp) so you can record in Wave rather than MP3 then use the noise reduction and other clean up tools before burning a CD. The NR tools in Audition are particularly good...a guy I know of in Switzerland has won awards for his audio restoration work and he uses Audition as his front end.

Edited to add, it's summer down here just now...daytime temps in the 80s F, sunrise about 4:30AM and sunset about 6:45PM. However, I do miss moose steaks though...'roo just isn't the same! And happy retirement...I'm another one who managed to escape the rat race a bit early and I don't regret it for a second. I'm just as busy--but with things I want to do--like home recording!

Back