Miking my new amp

No problems with the Hamer breaking anything up. That Queen bit I did was all the LP, and I've got the Master at 7:00 (not QUITE dimed) and the Normal at 2:00. At 3:00 it starts sounding nastier, not better. One side is both pickups with chorus and the other side is just the Treble (no effects). It sounds good, but yeah, no chime. I can get the Boost side to play really nice... fiddling with the volumes, I'm learning that all the fizz I was getting was because I was using the "normal" volume for my power instead of the master. But when the normal goes too far with the master up it really becomes noticeably bad.

I suppose every guitar is different, and therefore getting the tones is not going to be one size fits all, but I'm playing with good tones on the LP and finding that the Hamer sounds pretty decent to amazing on all the good LP tones. Don't know what's different about my LP. Could it be (as I mentioned earlier) that I'm a deuce guitar player??? Big fat fingers are great for bass, but it's been a real challenge to put that into motion on a fretboard. A lot of my solos are accidental (not occidental) :laughings:

Hey, bud! Welcome to my embarrassment page. If I could afford it, I'd probably not figure out how to plug my keyboard into it...:)

By the way, when you're following the masses, be careful. Sometimes the M is silent...

Looking at the transaction history, that does seem high for a '64 AC30. Looks like they've sold anywhere from $2k-$5k. Vintage stuff is just expensive. Wait until a 1970's or '80s Dumble comes up for sale on Reverb. I think that the last one went for over $70k! (Turns out they were asking $80k, so the buyer obviously got a total bargain and saved a whopping $10k)

Back