Midisport: Can't get working

Moley1390

Canberran Amatuer
I went to the m-audio site to download drivers for the Midisport 1x1, and it says that Vista 64bit (SP1 and 2) don't need drivers, they're class compliant. However, windows can't recognize it without a driver (all it recognizes is a "unknown device", when it should apparently be a "USB Audio device" (apparently vista groups midi as "audio"). Any ideas, this is very frustrating!

I went to the m-audio site to download drivers for the Midisport 1x1, and it says that Vista 64bit (SP1 and 2) don't need drivers, they're class compliant. However, windows can't recognize it without a driver (all it recognizes is a "unknown device", when it should apparently be a "USB Audio device" (apparently vista groups midi as "audio"). Any ideas, this is very frustrating!

This is strange. I have a Midisport 2x2, but I'm running XP. When I plugged mine into the USB port, it took me through the "Add hardware" bit, and I just told it to search for a driver (I didn't specify anything; I just clicked "next"). It found it and installed it by itself.

I guess maybe Vista is different; I don't know what else could be the problem.

Last edited:
Back