MIDI st-st-st-stuttering problem

guttadaj

Howdy, folks.

I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure where to try to fix it - not sure if it's MIDI or audio related. I have a MIDI drum track that I'm sending to the TTS-1 DXi. Every so often it sounds like the drum track is stuttering. I'll hear a hi-hat, for example, that almost sounds like a roll is being played on it when it's pretty much just straight hi-hats through the whole song. Is this something to do with my MIDI buffers? I saw 2 different buffer settings - tried tweaking both a bit with no luck - but I'm not sure what each is specifically for. I also tried increasing the buffer size of my soundcard but I don't know if that's misdirected, plus it didn't help.

Anybody know what might be going on here and how to fix the problem? I'm using SONAR 4 Studio on a 2.4GHz P4 comp with 512M mem and an Audiophile 2496 soundcard.

-Jeff

How do you set :

Options --> Global --> MIDI tab --> Playback "Prepare using ... Milisecond buffers" ?

Mine set to 1000 and all is fine. Try higher like 2000 or even 4000 and see how it goes.

;)
Jaymz

Thanks, James!

I think that's the ticket. I tried upping it to 1000 (it was at 500) for starters, and it still happens but much less frequently. I'll play around with pushing the number up some more and see if I can find a happy place.

Thanks again! :D
-Jeff

Back