Midi keyboard - 25-key vs 49-key?

Ricklh

I'd like to get either the Alesis Q25 or the Alesis Q49 midi keyboard. My main question (which I haven't found a satisfactory answer to through Google searches) is what is the difference between the two in features & functions? I think the 25-key would probably do what I need but I thought I would check with the pros on the subject here for advice. If it helps, I'm primarily a guitar player and record with Mixcraft, wanting to expand my musical pallette & delve into the world of midi with the features found in Mixcraft.

Did you download the "Product Overview" and "Quick Start Guide" for both items from the Alesis website?

No, good idea - thanks for the reply. I asked the same question in my local Sam Ash and pretty much got the answer. The Q25 is quite likely all I need since I'll be adding backing strings, synths, etc. to my guitar-based tracks. The Q49 has the extra keys for the additional octaves for keyboard players who would be playing full chords. Although the Q49 is only 20 bucks higher in price, I'll probably go with the Q25 for space consideration.

an edirol PCR is a good option too...it has 33 keys (if i remember) and the extras do help...25 keys are next to useless in truth

I use a Korg K25 (discontinued) Studio Controller quite lot. It works very
well with Finale. 25 keys is plenty because the octaves can be changed
in an instant and allows it to have the range of an 88 keyboard. It's also