Midi and Drum machines

Sandman2000

I have a Dell computer with a 500MHZ Pentium III chip,128mb of ram,a 13gb hardrive and a Yamaha Soundcard.A friend just gave me a copy of Digital Orchestrator Plus.I can't figure out how to hook up my drum machine.It's a Boss Dr-202.I know how to hook up a keyboard but cant figure this thing out.I want to use the 808 drums of the drum machine in my sequences.PLEASE HELP.

You mean you can't figure out how to physically hook it to the computer with your other midi stuff, or the computer won't recognize your drum machine? If you can get your keyboard to work, it sounds like a setting on your drum machine isn't right.

Please be more specific.

mutt

First check to make sure that the proper midi connection for the drum machine is selected on your software program.

If that's okay, it sounds like you need to go into the midi setup on your drum machine and make sure its set to transmit and receive midi. Since I don't use either the software or the drum machine you mentioned, I can't say for sure.

Also, most drum machines are defaulted to midi channel 10. Check this on your drum machine and on the software.

good luck!

Back