Microphone with both xlr and usb output?

atifkt

Banned
I saw this microphones recently. It has both usb and xlr output.

Ahuja Sound Solutions

So as I dont have an interface at the moment will it give good sound with the usb. And after connecting it to an Interface will it be better?
This is the first microphones I've seen of this kind!

Ahuja Sound Solutions

So as I dont have an interface at the moment will it give good sound with the usb. And after connecting it to an Interface will it be better?

I'm not sure anyone can really answer, unless they've used one of these.
Whether it's better over USB or through another interface completely depends on the quality of the interface that's built into it.
I mean, If they've crammed Apogee level stuff in there, then a presonus audiobox won't really be an upgrade.

If they've crammed in 50 cents of onboard sound card equivalent gear, then any dedicated interface will be an upgrade.

Given that it's advertised as being for PA use, I'd guess it'd be closer to cheap and cheerful that Pro studio.

If for no other reason that confidence in the gear, I'd recommend a 57/58 and a nice simple usb interface like the audiobox.
At very least, you know what you're gonna get. :)

Hope that helps.

Ahuja Sound Solutions

So as I dont have an interface at the moment will it give good sound with the usb.

Hard to say as it appears to be a Indian brand not made for Western markets. But I wouldn't have high hopes.

And after connecting it to an Interface will it be better?

Again, hard to say from a picture and the bad English, but if the converters are cheap you may gain some improvement but using the XLR output. My intuition about gear says it will be mediocre either way.

the only other mic i've seen with both USB and standard XLR out is the sE2200a USB and to say it's nearly £300 i'd be much more tempted to get a separate interface and a regular sE2200a for about the same price (especially on the 2nd hand market)

Audio technica have 2 microphones; ATR 2100 or ATR 2005 which both have USB and XLR outputs and only cost around $40-50. I've purchased the ATR 2100 from Amazon.

Back