Microphone stand & XLR cables

Grawlf

I need a microphone stand, and would like to buy one that I can use on my desk, something along the line of the one used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcB3s8KOk4w

Any suggestions here are welcome, because I am very unfamiliar with stands in genereal, and especially this type.

I also need a pair of XLR cables, but I'm not sure what to look for. A web shop operating in my country have two different brands: Pulse and Klotz. The Pulse brand's cables range from €14 to €25 depending on length (1-10 metres). The price range of Klotz is €23-41, again depending on length (1-10 metres).

I obviously want quality, as it would suck if some of the components are bottlenecking the rest. Is anyone familiar with these brands?

Not sure where you are located (assume somewhere in Europe). Have you looked at Thomann? For cables - unless you are going to be moving the cables around a lot, unplugging/plugging them regularly, any cables will do for you. You pay more for better shielding, better connectors (but sometimes that's not true), but the difference in sound quality is usually very small - from your request, guessing this is for voice - podcasting maybe?

I reside in Norway. I prefer to order from a Norwegian store, because if I were to order from abroad, and the price tag exceeds around €20, then they will toss on customs, which will significantly increase the final price.

The only moving I do is between two homes, a 10-15 minute drive apart. I will be using it for voice (chatting with others, and, to a lesser extent, singing and voice-acting), but also for instruments. It's matched pair of Røde M5. I suppose I should be getting a pop-filter as well? Is there any noteworthy difference in quality here?

Back