Melodic Metal...

amra

Here are a couple more tracks that I recorded last week, please let me know what you think. The band is called Assyria.

This first starts out nice and melodic, and has a really nice transition in the middle. It was pretty fun to mix:

The second starts fast:

Here are a couple more tracks that I recorded last week, please let me know what you think. The band is called Assyria.

This first starts out nice and melodic, and has a really nice transition in the middle. It was pretty fun to mix:

The second starts fast:

I'm not liking the clean guitar tone so much. Probably too much low mids, also the high mids are a bit piercing. You could always try using a multi comp to tame the mids range.
Distorted guitars sound better than the clean gutiars although there is a build up in the low mids. Think its the low mids on the guitars. The OHs sound nice, although I can't really hear the rest of the drums too well.

Vocals mix seems to work well. Not overpowering which I think works for this style of singing/music.

Not bad,
Eck

I agree with a lot of what ecktronic said, I think the bass drum sounds a little wierd, maybe too much punch and not enough low end. I think the vocals sound really good and the guitars are nice as well.

It's a lot better than anything I've recorded so far tho, keep up the good work.

Back