McCartney 3-2-1 on Hulu

heard a few things i'd never heard before. thought it amazing to have robert moog upstairs while they were working on the white album.

Reactions: TAE
"I found myself fast forwarding through most of it " o_O to me its dull - offers nothing new - offers zero insight. :unsure:
Based upon your stellar review, I'm looking forward to watching all 6 episodes.

Last edited:
heard a few things i'd never heard before. thought it amazing to have robert moog upstairs while they were working on the white album.
I've just started watching and it will take a few days to get through it. As a huge McCartney and Rick Rubin fan I'm looking forward to this.

I know most of the information in the series, but there’s still some stuff I don’t know. Paul always has a new bit of information that fans don’t know. He did an AMA on Reddit where he answered some questions that have never been answered before.

Also really cool that Rubin has access to the individual tracks.

Well I got started and after I got through 4, I decided to just take the extra hour and binge through it.
If you're a songwriter, if you're a Beatles fan, McCartney fan or a fan of the music and players that the Beatles hung with and or were exposed to of that era I'm thinking "most" of you will get something from this.

Though I am a huge Beatle fan and have a lot of bootleg in the studio recordings...Having Rick playing with the tracks and soloing certain parts was a blast. I learned a ton of stuff that shines the light on a lot of what came about from them before and after. Rubin is obviously in awe and is uber respectful of Paul.
Overall for me definitely worth the time investment.. I really enjoyed it

Like I said, I knew most of the info in it, but one example of something I didn’t know was when Rubin played the bass track to While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Had no idea the bass sounded like that. It was so cool.

Reactions: TAE
Regarding Rubin and the bass tracks...He did that on several songs each one with the bass sounding different and then McCartney explaining how he went about it or why.

I liked the one about getting more treble on the guitar by looping the audio through multiple channels and cranking the treble on each one ( never heard that one before). There were a lot of tid bits of info that I already knew something about that he added some more info to.

I noticed that it looked like he has had some kind of surgery (probably skin cancer) on the right side of the tip of his nose. Looks damn good for banging on 80's door.

BTW for now only available on HULU but late August it will be on Disney plus and probably other places by then.

Last edited:
Back