Master this Mix

RedStone

I want more mastering practice. Getting "paid" to do it is probably not in the cards for me, but I love it enough to want to do it even if it's unpaid. There is only one other forum I'm aware of that has a master this mix section, and I thought it was a fantastic idea.

So if you have a mix that is done but needs to be polished, put down the pirated versions of ozone and waves L3, upload your track to dropbox or whatever and I'll take a crack at it. If you like the end results, keep them. If not, throw them out (and tell me why it didn't work so that I can figure out how to fix my process moving forward). I guess this is a mastering internship for the 21st Century.

If you have an album you want mastered, talk to one of the pros on the forum. Albums are a different beast. I've done one (my own), and it was fun. But I'm not ready to start doing albums for people. Especially not for free. And really what I'm doing is backwards, since mastering singles can be more difficult in some ways than mastering an album.

Home recordings are a wonderfully bizarre mastering training ground. Lots of them are problem children, which can teach a lot about the process. I don't care what style of music it is. I like it all.

If you do like the end results, credit for the work is appreciated (but not necessary).

If you have a sound you are going for, mention it.

PM me or if you're comfortable, post the 24-bit, 44khz files (min). I can do up to 96khz.

Let's do this!

Back