Marshall Bass Equipment

CMB Studios

How's the rep on this?

Im shopping for a new bassamp ... and it seems an ampeg svt with an ampeg 4x10 is a little outside my price range :P

I kinda want to buy new for around 1000 - 1500... the reason i want new is because i want this to be my baby :P .... stupid i know but im sure some of you understand that mentality.

ANYWAYS... i want head/cab... no doubt about it, its what i want.... and I was just looking at Marshall bass heads/cabs and by crikey... landed at a $1000 price!

Now i start researching and grabbing opinions! so any info or opinions y'all might have would be greatly appreciated!

Edit- Here's what im lookin at

head - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/marshall-mb450h-450w-hybrid-bass-head

cab - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/marshall-mbc410-4x10-bass-reflex-cabinet

Looks like you're gonna need two 4 ohm cabs to get full power from that head. I don't know much about bass stuff, but I do think there's gotta be a reason you don't often see people using Marshall bass equipment. The guitar amps and old SuperBass models are stuff of legend, but their modern bass amps? Not so much.

yea i just saw that :( kinda closes this a bit.

Gotta find somethin like that tho!!!!

Edit - might have to suck it up and try to find some used Ampeg

Orange was my first look because some of my favorite indie bands use orange, so yes, orange is deff on my radar ;)

but definitely really expensive too :P 1000 for a 4x10

A used Ampeg > Brand new amp of any brand

:) Check craigslist, you can get a great deal on some of the SVT models.

I know, I've been drooling over them for years.

I have a 35 year old Marshall Superbass MkII & it goes into an ETONE single cone 200w box (4ohms).
It's really a 1 trick pony but does it's one trick brilliantly.
I do play guitar through it from time to time but it only does clean.
VERY loud clean, but clean notheless.
A VERY solid amp, recently had some work done (new valves & such) but that's as you'd expect from an amp of that vintage.
I didn't enjoy gigging with it though: it's massive & heavy. Most of the gigs were upstairs & neither the amp nor the cab are easy to carry.
Good luck with the search - 2nd hand may be a way to go.

Back