Making an audio CD or DVD direct from Cool Edit?

Jilkie

I think I used to prepare the individudal files by using the batch process on a long file, to create a new wav file for each highlighted section, all beginning with the same code but with full filenames following. But I can't remember how to do it.
In the meantime I've laboriously copied each section and now have 46 wav files, 198 minutes in total, ready to create a DL audio DVD, but can't work out how to make the master. Any suggestions on how to do either?

Hello,
I dont know if I got you right.... if you have a long wave, wich you want to burn on to audio CD not as a long track but splitted in to any number of tracks, I have a sloution. Note that if your long wave doesn't have space between your final tracks, is ok, you can burn an entire mix on to an audio CD, but the CD-player "see" multiple tracks, depending on where you splitted the original wave.
So, open the original long wave in edit view mode, select from the beginning, 'till the end of the first track, and make a mark (F8). Now you will see a red mark at the beginning and a blue one at the end of selection. From the blue one, on the end of selection, select again 'till the end of where you want to be the end of the second track, and then again make a mark. Ans so on for the rest of the wave.
After that, you will have your original wave splitted by marks, one track is from a red mark to a blue mark. It is a good practice to fade in and fade out the beginning and the end of tracks, about... 20-30 samples, or less, as it is not audible for the ear, but it will not make any click/pop when plaing from one track to the next one, on a CD-player.
Onward, click your long track in the organizer window , an then click "Insert Into CD Project" button. Then go to the "CD Project View" tab and you see all the tracks ready to be burned. A good practice, to audio CDs, is to remove the 2 second pause between tracks, on the track properties window, select to do that for all the tracks, but the first one.
I hope it is what you are looking for, and it helped.

If you have your wave files mixed and ready to go, why don;t you just use whatever burning software you have to make a CD? If they're 16/44.1 waves just burn your CD "DISC AT ONCE". For CD's you can fit just under 80 minutes per CD. How much on a DVD depends on your audio format.
16 bit/44.1 kHz 2 channel stereo: 10.58 MB/min or about 444 minutes (7.4 hrs) total DVD play time
24 bit/96 kHz 2 channel stereo: 34.56 MB/min or about 136 min (2.3 hrs) total DVD play time
24 bit/48 kHz 5.1 (6 channel) 51.84 MB/min or about 91 (1.5 hrs) minutes total DVD play time

I don't think Cool Edit has ever burned DVDs.

Most versions can burn red book CDs but that'll mean breaking your tracks into several 79 minute chunks.

What version of Cool Edit do you have? The earlier ones don't have a built in CD burner but, if you have one of the ones that's so equipped, basically you insert track markers in multitrack view and these become the splits in your burned CD--more details in the manuals.

Oh, I forgot to say I was talking about Adobe Audition 1.5 . It is the one I prefer, and yes, it burns only audio CDs, not DVD, as much as I know.

Back