Luka (Suzanne Vega cover)

Thank you for asking. This is how I go about things on Studio One: 1. I pick the singer/songwriter template that has tracks for vocals, guitar and midi-drums 2. I render a click-track 3. I lay down an acoustic guitar track, sometimes with a touch of hall reverb 4. I lay down a vocal track, add effects - female vocals louder, hall reverb and maybe flat plate and just use my ears to tell me if it sounds good or not 5. I go to edit and mute the unnecessary breathing or extraneous noises 6. I download it into a MP3 and critique it

I know nothing about adding drums or adjusting EQ or anything else within the effects that I choose. I suppose there are video tutorials for this. Do you have any suggestions regarding my process?
Well first thing - think about why you're adding reverb - the purpose - before you add it - it will help you decide what the best kind is for your track - as for Drums start with learning the Frequencies the drums occupy - and doing so you can also learn about EQ - EQing a track is the way which you Drums to fit with your Bass, Guitar, keyboards and Vocals on a track - you carve out (through EQ) space for each instrument -

For example this chart tells you what is occupied and the decision you have to make: And the way. you get there is through panning and EQing each track.
Instrument_Frequency_Chart.jpg

Well first thing - think about why you're adding reverb - the purpose - before you add it - it will help you decide what the best kind is for your track - as for Drums start with learning the Frequencies the drums occupy - and doing so you can also learn about EQ - EQing a track is the way which you Drums to fit with your Bass, Guitar, keyboards and Vocals on a track - you carve out (through EQ) space for each instrument -

For example this chart tells you what is occupied and the decision you have to make: And the way. you get there is through panning and EQing each track.
Instrument_Frequency_Chart.jpg
Thank you. I will study this.

Back