Looking to possibly upgrade my Electric Piano/Keyboard

mrwillsi3

Whats up everyone. So i currently have a Yamaha YPG-635 Piano. Its a very good piano, been very happy with it and not cheap by any means, but just been CONSIDERING upgrading.

I AM a piano player so...i need 88 keys - weighted of course and as authentic of a sound/feel as possible. I'd also like something that will easily hook up to and work well with a DAW for midi control of different sounds in a DAW (what DAW I'm not yet sure, hunting around for that now as well).

I dont wanna break the bank here but I'm willing to pay for quality. It also doesn't have to be the newest and greatest out there....The Yamaha Motif has always been so beautiful to me lol...but I'm not willing...well...able...to spend 3+ grand on a keyboard right now.

I figure if i get a GOOD piano/keyboard and a GOOD DAW set up...i'll have all the other sound options id ever want in my DAW...just as long as the Piano sound on my keyboard is really good and authentic (as possible) and the feel is good....then...i'll be good :)

Other thoughts of what to consider are welcome too.

thanks all

Hi There,

If you are really want the feel and sound of real piano, than you should maybe aim for Roland stuff with SuperNATURAL technology and Ivory Feel-G Keyboard

[URL="http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/a--2677539/item--ROLFP4F"]Roland FP-4F Digital Piano

I was on a market recently for digital piano and had the same concerns. I tested over 30 different models and only those roland felt realy authentic. Well, I did not buy any of those as they are too much expencieve for me, maybe in my next life))))

But I think those are the next step that will make difference to what you have now. Cheerz!!

Hi There,

If you are really want the feel and sound of real piano, than you should maybe aim for Roland stuff with SuperNATURAL technology and Ivory Feel-G Keyboard

Roland FP-4F Digital Piano

I was on a market recently for digital piano and had the same concerns. I tested over 30 different models and only those roland felt realy authentic. Well, I did not buy any of those as they are too much expencieve for me, maybe in my next life))))

But I think those are the next step that will make difference to what you have now. Cheerz!!

Hey there, thanks so much for the feedback :). They are pretty pricey aren't they lol. Do they work well with a DAW as well?

Back