Looking for a voice recorder with smartphone recording quality

Kameaux

Hello Forum,

A few months ago i purchased a Shure microphone which has not been to my liking. Whatever the cause may be, it records an unnatural amount of p's and f's even with a filter and running into these after recording the scripts for videos i make is infuriating, continuously being forced to rerecord the audio with unknown outcomes due to the unpredictability of the microphone. I am not in a possession of a smartphone for personal reasons but hope to receive advice on whether there are voice recorders that possess the same quality, as i am generally satisfied with other people's audio when recorded simply on smartphones. This means i'm (likely) looking for something that either has a MEMS microphone are comes close to it.

Hope to receive some advice on this,

Kameaux

We really need to hear two examples - a bit on the smartphone, then a bit on the shore. Ps and Fs can be simply down to mic placement, and can often be cured with a pop filter or foam windshield, or more distance, or other techniques - frankly, smartphones are quite decent nowadays, but are always electret condensers so have a pretty wide and reasonably flat response. If you have bought a Shure dynamic, then it will be more mellow, warmer, and if used too close in, a bit boomy?

Can we hear a little bit of what you don't like.

Back