Look at the price

Is 1 watt (valve) really loud enough for band practice, or is this pretty much a recording amp?

It's not loud enough for any band that I've ever been in. Maybe for a smooth jazz trio in a small smoky club it would be fine. I'd bet that it would be fine for recording, but I'm of the opinion that nothing beats monster Marshall volume. My guess on this particular amp is that it's nothing more than a novelty specifically for Marshall fans that will literally eat up anything with a Marshall logo on it - and there's lots of those people out there.

Sell price is equal to $1200+?

I guess the same people who buy one of those fridges that look like a Marshall stack woudl be target consumer. :rolleyes:

It's a hoot.
Single pot Tone & Loudness are the only controls.
I imagine it's about the size of the barfridge too.
I wonder if fridge magnets affect the tone?

With the money you save on the amp, you can save buying your new guitar:

Gibson George Harrison/Eric Clapton Les Paul Aged 'Lucy'

I guess the usual Les Paul for $2,500 wasn't over priced enough for them.

I guess there are still people willing to believe that if the buy "Eric's" (or any other guitar hero's) guitar or amp, that they will suddenly play or sound like him. Sooo stupid. :facepalm:

I prefer my own "signature" model guitars and amps (i.e. the ones I use).

I like how Marshall reissued the Plexi, called it a "Jimi", and sold them for like 3 grand. Good business because people gobbled them up. Never mind that you can buy an authentic Plexi for half that.

1 watt is dumb. In fact 5 watts is dumb.

Give me at least 15 please. Amps without headroom suck, I don't care if it was hand built ptp wiring.

Back