Logic 5.1 - Metronome not functioning. What the hell have I done?!

Mattayus

Hi guys, new to the forum :) I'm in desperate need of some help as I've tried everything imaginable!

I've been using Logic for the best part of 3 years now, and out of the blue two days ago the Metronome stopped working. There's no audio, no click, nothing. It's on, all the options for it are signifying that it's on and functioning, but there is no click track.

Has anybody got any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help, it's very much appreciated!

Matt

Hi guys, new to the forum :) I'm in desperate need of some help as I've tried everything imaginable!

I've been using Logic for the best part of 3 years now, and out of the blue two days ago the Metronome stopped working. There's no audio, no click, nothing. It's on, all the options for it are signifying that it's on and functioning, but there is no click track.

Has anybody got any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help, it's very much appreciated!

Matt

Go to Options>song settings>metronome settings>click while playing,click while recording

Yup, done all the obvious stuff :( That's what I tried when it first occured but it was all ticked!

To aide in narrowing down the problem - I recently installed Toontrack DKFH (EZDrummer) and messed with some ASIO settings to trigger the kit from an electric kit via MIDI. Could that have anything to do with it? I didn't change anything after installation though!

ok this is just getting weird...

I just installed Nuendo and I have the same problem (at least in Nuendo I can use a snyth metronome though)...

So is this a problem with my computer then, seeing as it's now spread across two DAW's?

So is this a problem with my computer then, seeing as it's now spread across two DAW's?

Sounds as though it must be. Dumb question, but did you check the MIDI output from the DAW / Logic to see if changing the ASIO settings also re-routed the metronome output to an external MIDI channel vs. the internal click?

Bummer. :(

In the effort of eliminating one variable at a time, I would attempt to reset the ASIO settings and/or run a reinstall of Logic to get back to where you started. Then step back through the process to trigger your drum machine one piece at a time so that you can determine at what step the metronome ceased to operate.

Back