Live show recording individual songs

lostape

Hello
I am the front-guy and sound guy and recording guy in our band.
We use a Zoom L-20 and have enjoyed it.

Is there a way to start a new song “on the fly” ? Meaning… instead of one, hour long song with 10 tracks and I want to have the whole set of tunes in separate songs.
Song a, song b, song c, song d… and so on.
Instead of sooooonnnggg a

I thought there was a way to do this other than stopping the recorder, saving the song, starting a new song. That silence in a gig is never welcome.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

You can try the Auto Recording feature - you'll have to figure out what level allows it to stop/start without missing beginnings or endings, of course.

Me, I just recorded entire sets, but I'd copy them to a computer/DAW for working on them. Or if you're doing all your mixing in the Zoom, when you export the stereo mix, you can put that in something like Audacity and chop it into pieces and add simple fade-ins and -outs to the individual songs.

You can try the Auto Recording feature - you'll have to figure out what level allows it to stop/start without missing beginnings or endings, of course.

Me, I just recorded entire sets, but I'd copy them to a computer/DAW for working on them. Or if you're doing all your mixing in the Zoom, when you export the stereo mix, you can put that in something like Audacity and chop it into pieces and add simple fade-ins and -outs to the individual songs.
Thank you, good thoughts

Back