Latest train wrecks!

beezelbubba

Shitty Buddhist
My usual explorer body style. This one is strictly for my GK3 guitar synth pickup, which allows me to preserve some of the terrific tiger maple stripes, without cutouts for conventional pickups.
Unfortunately, the whole rest of the body is a train wreck of lamination. I put it together out of left over pieces. I don't mind, though. I delight in my own incompetence! :D

Attachments

• midi guitar.jpg
    midi guitar.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 78
Cool. Where do you get the necks from? I'm assuming you didn't make those because I don't think you'd settle for dot inlays.

Cool. Where do you get the necks from? I'm assuming you didn't make those because I don't think you'd settle for dot inlays.

The guitar is a Jay Turser.cost me about 50 bucks.
The bass neck was even cheaper. They both work fine.
Unfortunately, I'm not even close in equipment or skill to make my own necks.

haha, they look cool. Unusual but cool.

The "science" bit of fitting the electronics and measuring out the positions of the bridge etc, drilling holes, fitting hardware I would really enjoy.

The "art" bit of taking the time to shape, sand, stain bodywork etc I know I would be both clueless at and not have the patience for

haha, they look cool. Unusual but cool.

The "science" bit of fitting the electronics and measuring out the positions of the bridge etc, drilling holes, fitting hardware I would really enjoy.

The "art" bit of taking the time to shape, sand, stain bodywork etc I know I would be both clueless at and not have the patience for

I'm just the opposite. The chances of me correctly drilling holes exactly where they're supposed to be, even if I could measure and mark them accurately, is slim to none.

Shaping wood, on the other hand, is kind of like being able to build your ideal woman while massaging her.

Back