Laptop FS

djhead

Military Intelligence
I wanted to post this here before I went to Ebay with it.

When I went to Iraq, (back in 2004) I bought a brand spankin new Laptop. Its a Gericom Hummer, which is the top German brand of computers, and it is designed for rugged use and abuse. I can attest to this since, i beat the hell out of mine and it survived all the way.

Now before you get scared away, there's some things you should know. We sent it off for warranty repair, and they ended up sending a new unit to replace it. (apparently sand in the hard drive is a death sentence.) Since then it has seen MININMAL use.

I am gonna try and post the specs (as I remember them) inconsistancies will be corrected when I take the photos in about 6 hours.

2.0 Ghz AMD Athalon XP 2800+
768 MB RAM
40 GB Hard Drive
32(?)MB integrated video card
4x USB 1.1 ports
German Setup Keyboard
Windows XP/German

So as you can see, the system is a bit dated. But when it runs Windows in English, it does so flawlessly. It also runs Fruity Loops, Soundforge, and Guitar Port all at once with no latency....
I was able to record a 5 song demo in my tin shack of a hooch this way. Countless instrumentals, etc.

Not a bad unit at all, perfect for German-types (like my wife!)
Please let me know what you'd be willing to pay if interested. Wife wanted to get around 5-ish for it, I said good luck......

Back