Korg DW-6000 Factory Reset

Foo-bu

Does anyone know how to perform a factory reset of the Korg DW-6000 patches? I bought one used and it seems like a bunch of the patches have been written over. As far as I know, there are some audio files and/or sysex files that are necessary to do it but I have no idea how it works. I tried looking in the manual but still can't make sense of it

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me. I have read the manual but I am still very confused as to what to do with the audio files/midi stuff. Would I need to record the soundcloud file onto every patch that is missing? That doesn't make sense to me but maybe I'm just missing the technology behind it.

I did find some sysex files that are apparently supposed to help with the reset but I have no idea how to get them into the keyboard. I've heard of people using midiox but that is PC only so it doesn't help mac users like me.

When it comes to synths, everything is pretty foreign to me but I'm determined to get this back in working order haha

Thanks for that.

I tried sending the soundcloud link into the keyboard but whenever I used the verify button, I could never get it to say "good" no matter what level I sent. I even tried switching the high/low output switch. Any other suggestions?

Also, by sending this to my keyboard, will it load all of the patches or just the one I was last on?

I appreciate all of your help. I feel like I'm so close!

Back