Keyboard ergonomics

Mandenmusic

Hi all.

I'm in the process of building a smallish singer/songwriter studio and have an 88 key keyboard that I'd like to have ready for action. There's will be room to locate it at 90 degrees to my work station on its own stand but I would rather it be on a slide out under my desk (which I'll also be building). In the past I've had problems with my elbows and shoulders from having my pc keyboard /mouse too high and the problem I'm trying to solve (if it's even solvable..) is that both keyboards will want to be at much the same height. I can't come up with any solution and I wondered what your thoughts are.

Cheers!

There are drawers that cantilever up into place when pulled out. You'll have to search though, and probably not cheap for one big enough for an 88-key keyboard.

Thank you for that, I'll do a bit of research.
I'm beginning to wonder if I should get a smaller say 2 octave keyboard for noodling and just set the 88 up when it's needed.

Cheers Rob. That would seem the best compromise as the piano gets a lot less use than the qwerty so probably best that's lower.

It works pretty well for me. I tried with a couple of keyboard stands and a shelf on one for the qwerty keyboards and then built that thing to for the 61 note. The 88 note was just too wide for the room and it is against the wall if I need it.

Back