Just had to share

BentRabbit

The newest acquisition to my studio - 1958 Vibrolux in incredible condition (still has the Fender tag hanging on it). Leather handle is broke, but I have another from Fender on its way.
Story, as it was told to me: The seller's long lost uncle used to play upright bass back in the 50's and thought he'd like to try his hand at learning guitar. So, down to the music store he went where he bought this little gem and a Tele.
After he decided that guitar playing wasn't going to be as easy a transition as he first thought, he stashed this in a closet where it had been up until a few years ago. Not sure what happened to the Tele.

Folks at G.C. were offering the seller a solid $500-$800 ("It's pretty OLD you know... Not much of a call for these...") all the while unable to stop themselves from playing through it... ;)

Anyway, the seller's sister contacted me and I worked out a deal...

Just wanted to share :)

v001.jpg v002.jpg v003.jpg v004.jpg v005.jpg

Wow. Legendary amp. Nice to see a real closet classic. :thumbs up:

Does it have a 3-prong cord?

Another good reason to avoid Banjo Mart. Those guys take suck to a whole other level.

Original 2 prong cord... I hear folks saying that grounding the amp should be the first mod that gets done to it, but damn... There's just something so 'Time Machine' about how it sits now...
Had one of my favorite players come over last night with his 71 strat... Wow was this thing singing! I didn't think I was going to get him to leave... :)

And the knobs all go to 12! (Take THAT Mr. Tufnel) ;)

Original 2 prong cord... I hear folks saying that grounding the amp should be the first mod that gets done to it, but damn... There's just something so 'Time Machine' about how it sits now...

Phht, it's only 110.
Just make sure you plug it in right side up. :p

Back