Just Got My LA-610 Signature Edition...Sweeeeeet!

BigEZ

The Devil Has Blue Eyes
I am so stoked to have finally received the last piece of the puzzle for my modest home studio. Thus far I've only tried acoustic guitar with a C414 XLII and the sound is spectacular. So full and rich with all the sparkling highs still present. I only have my UA710 Twinfinity thru an RNC to compare it too but the difference is astounding! It's like going from amateur to pro sound in one fell swoop.

One question...the manual says I should not have my mic connected when using the Hi-Z input. Does this mean I have to physically disconnect the XLR cable from the back of the unit when I want to run my electric thru the Hi-Z?

Thanks,

how about a before and after sample with the differant preamps in the mp3 section so we can hear for our selves the astounding differance please.
Have fun mate.

One question...the manual says I should not have my mic connected when using the Hi-Z input. Does this mean I have to physically disconnect the XLR cable from the back of the unit when I want to run my electric thru the Hi-Z?

Not the cable...just the mic.

I'm going to get a 2-610 at some point...always wanted one, but then I get something else instead. :D

Enjoy!

I have the 6176. Been very happy with it. If the LA-610 is similar you'll find you can achieve a fairly wide range of sounds and coloration with it. Especially through the compressor section. I would think ur pre combined with the 414 would get very nice acoustic guitar sounds. Have fun!!

Did some electric guitar work tonight...bee-u-ti-ful! Put Guitar Rig 4 over the la-610se, very thick and full sound. This is my first truly pro front end and I'm lovin it! I have a Gretsch so you know I'm all over that classic sound. It's like Franks Red Hot Sauce...I put that sh!t on everythang!

I'm quite interested in the LA610 SE and am wondering if any knows how the preamp part compares to the Solo 610? I don't really track through a compressor so am unsure if the upgrade would be worth it? I've got the Solo 610 and find it to be a great pre.

I can't say I've ever tried the solo but I can tell you the SE rocks for my style of music. Couldn't be happier unless I had a 2-610 running to an LA-2A...but too rich for my blood.

Ok, let me see if I can find some time to do it this weekend. The problem is that anything I did with the 710 are no longer bare tracks so I'll have to hook it up and do some fresh tracks.

Sorry everyone. Couldn't find the time today. It's gonna have to wait till next weekend.

Hey where are those sound clips? I'd like to hear your opinion on the compressor side of things. Some have mentioned they just "touch" it with compression. Have you tried the limiter? Difference?

Back