Joyo pedals

notCardio

I walk the line
I've seen a bunch of youtube demos, and there were a couple of them that seemed like what I was looking for. Of course, I'm just listening to them on little computer speakers, so I can only really tell so much from them. The reviewers seem to conclude that they're pretty noisy, though.

My question for any of you that have one is, are they really that noisy, and does using a noise gate after one help any?

I have the Joyo vintage overdrive pedal and it doesn't seem to have an excessive amount of noise.

I've got a JOYO Hot Plexi that I run through the clean channel of a Marshall DSL100, & it's kinda noisy dude...After the "honeymoon" phase with this pedal, to be honest, it's collecting dust....There's really no "unity" gain (the volume with the pedal on is really low, & I have to crank it), the gain doesn't have much range at all, but the tone knob does have quite a bit of sweep to it....Maybe I just need to play around with it more, but honestly, I think my amp sounds much better on it's own for gain-type sounds...YMMV....But, for $40, it sounds ok...

ocnor,

Are you running it with your amp clean, or using it to add to the overdrive?

minerman,

Yeah, but if I was satisfied with the sound of any of my amps alone, I wouldn't be looking for pedals. I know, if I could afford an AC30, and had a place to crank it, I'm sure I'd be much happier. But my situation dictates that I find the best 'amps in a box' solution that I can afford. Have you tried running a noise suppressor after it?

It was just an impulse buy dude, I'd wanted one for awhile, so I bought it....Not tried a noise suppressor with it....I've been after the "plexi" sound for a long time, & thought it might get me close....it's not terrible or anything, just not what I expected.....

Good luck!!!

ocnor,

Are you running it with your amp clean, or using it to add to the overdrive?

I've used it both ways. It works pretty well in the clean channel for a mild overdrive tone. In the distortion channel I use it just to color the tone a bit or as a slight lead boost. I'm sure if I maxed the controls it could get noisey but I tend to use more conservative settings.

But my situation dictates that I find the best 'amps in a box' solution that I can afford.

You should check out the AMT Electronics Legend Amps II pedals. Products - AMT Electronics catalog

Well, if I were going to sink some money into it, I'd probably get a couple of Wamplers, and maybe another Tech21 or two. I just thought the Joyos were in my price range at the moment and three or four of them sounded pretty good on the demos. If I'm going to have a honeymoon phase, and then be over it, better that I do that on a $40 pedal than a $200 one.

Geeeee, the V1 beats the Joyo ACtone but it is 4 times the cost so I'm still happy enough with what I have. The V1 is pretty cool and at $160 seems like a good deal considering the features and SOUND.

Back