Is this all I need? RODE NT1 and equipment

Jizzlobber

Hello,

I bought Blue Yeti about a year ago and quickly learned that it was a mistake, not because its a bad microphone but the equipment is limited and only works with Blue's own stuff (kind of what apple does)
So I've been digging trough the internet now and thought about ordering

Rode NT1-Kit - Thomann Suomi

with

Steinberg UR22 - Thomann Suomi

That's all I need to it to work with PC, right?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Not sure what you are going for, but that will get you recording. You just need to record into some software. From what I know of the Blue Yeti, you would get you the same results as this setup, just not as good.

If you could provide us with more information of what you are trying to do, we can better assist. If all you want to do is record your voice for a Pod cast or something, the Yeti will work, maybe you're doing something wrong. If you want to go further, then ...

Give us a bit more information on your goals.

I think we have a missunderstanding here :P I just want to upgrade from my Blue yeti to either NT1-A or NT1 microphone with the audio interface setup. I was just asking if thats what all I need in order to the microphone to work correctly. But I can tell you that I'm doing voice overs, voice acting, and looking forward to singing with the microphone and thats really a main reason why I want to upgrade to Rode NT1 microphone with the setup I listed above :) PS. (thats all I need assuming the kit includes a XLR cable?)

PSS. forgot to mention that I'll probably record instruments also with the microphone :)

Audio Technica ATR-2100

Good afternoon, have you considered a dynamic microphone? The Audio Technica ATR-2100 this mic has a USB so it will connect directly to PC. But it also has an XLR connection, which I use with a mixer and digital audio recorder. It is great for voice!

-----

I think we have a missunderstanding here :P I just want to upgrade from my Blue yeti to either NT1-A or NT1 microphone with the audio interface setup. I was just asking if thats what all I need in order to the microphone to work correctly. But I can tell you that I'm doing voice overs, voice acting, and looking forward to singing with the microphone and thats really a main reason why I want to upgrade to Rode NT1 microphone with the setup I listed above :) PS. (thats all I need assuming the kit includes a XLR cable?)

PSS. forgot to mention that I'll probably record instruments also with the microphone :)

That will work fine. There's more to it than the mike and the interface, of course. A cable won't necessarily be supplied. And there is what you are going to use as a DAW and how you monitor what you have done.

Yes, I am aware that I need a D.A.W. I saw a that one good rated usb interface had a D.A.W. included as you purchase it. And I have all sorts of already:)

Yes, I am aware that I need a D.A.W. I saw a that one good rated usb interface had a D.A.W. included as you purchase it. And I have all sorts of already:)

I just had to respond. how many times have I said this is all I need? I am laughing as I type this. How many thousands ago was this? a good interface and DAW is a good start, and I mean start.:D

Back