Intro build up

Vigo

So this is the first time im attempting this and im not so sure about where i should begin with. I got my Clean DI recorded guitar tracks.

What I want is to make the intro guitars sound far and less distorted.

What im automating to do so is both reverb and input gain.

I was wondering if you guys do this kind of automation sometimes and if yes would you rather put a long reverb that'd fade away or use a room reverb that would start from to a wanted level.
Also, Im using input gain to reduce the distortion but should i rather reduce the distortion on the amp sims?

Any advices on how YOU would do this is greatly considered.

Here is what i got so far sounds ok, could definitively be improved tho. View attachment Taos Hum - Magnetophone - Mix 2 CUT.mp3

I couldn't listen to your clip, but I think I get what you're trying to do. On some sims the input gain will affect the "overdrive", so automating that can give you the increase gain effect you're looking for. Automating the reverb can give a far-to-near sound. Also automate the track level from softer to louder. All of those will give the illusion of guitars coming in from far away.

Seem the guitar is getting more distorted, but not going from 'far to near- It's loudness is staying roughly the same (actually dips with the into of the drums- but maybe that's intentional and past the ramp' in point
I'd say less level initially, and perhaps some low cut to help simulate the distance early on.

Back