Instrument plugins for S4, orchestra and B-3

Tillamook

I've got $200 credit to blow at Guitar Center and I'm thinking expanding my virtual instrument choices in S4. I'm looking at Garritan Personal Orchestra for $249 and Native Instruments B4 for $199. Any comments or recommendations?

I'd just like to goof around a bit with the orchestra and I find Edirol and TTS-1 to be pretty limited. I love the sound of a B-3 and would probably use NI's B4 more often but it seems like $200 is lot to spend on a one instrument unless it kicks some serious butt.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

er.. nevermind.

I should have searched before posting, I found an appropriate thread that mentioned both the Garritan and East/West Symphonic Orchestra. Then I found the demo of B4, I'm at work with crappy computer sound but it still makes me drool a little.

Cheers,
Bill

I have the NI B4 and it is a seriously good instrument. You can also get an additional set of voices for it that expand it's capacity somewhat.

GPO is a good choice for orchestral stuff, as is the EastWestSilver Edition for about the same price. Unless you are interested in spending some big bucks, they are probably the best two in that price range... slightly different approaches to the orchestra. There are some other orchestra softsynths as well..... some people really like them.... the prosonus plug in and an Edirol Orchestral plug in. Personally, I prefer GPO or East West..... but different strokes :D

If money is a big issue, you may try a sound font player and picking up some of the free sound fonts on the net. Probably not as good as GPO or East/West Siver, but a cheaper alternative.

Take Care

Back