Indietronica song, mix critique?

Around

Hi,

Before I continue mixing the song, it would be much appreciated if you could give some critique regarding the mixing. Do you find something ear killing or such? Thanks!

My ears are a little fried from listening to bad live mixes for the last hour or so, but here's my impressions.

I'd pan the cymbals a little closer to the center. The high hat on the far left is kind of distracting.

I'm not super excited about the vocal tone. I don't have any good ideas for how to fix it though. Maybe double it up, add some more reverb, etc. to give it more body. It's also kind of nasally.

Otherwise, it seems to be a pretty good mix. Well-balanced and with an interesting sonic palette.

My ears are a little fried from listening to bad live mixes for the last hour or so, but here's my impressions.

I'd pan the cymbals a little closer to the center. The high hat on the far left is kind of distracting.

I'm not super excited about the vocal tone. I don't have any good ideas for how to fix it though. Maybe double it up, add some more reverb, etc. to give it more body. It's also kind of nasally.

Otherwise, it seems to be a pretty good mix. Well-balanced and with an interesting sonic palette.

Thanks for the feedback! Will pan the cymbals a bit closer to the center. Im really struggling with the vocals. I did put on some distortion because otherwise it sounds weird with the mix. And I know, they do sound dull. Always when I put on some reverb the vocals seems to loose presence.

Back