Indie song - Sunday Driving

jm67

Thanks for the listen. To clarify, this is my first attempt at this song, but I've certainly mixed other songs before. Although rarely well ;)

subvibe

Hi
Nice Song & well done .. The Guitar has a good Stereo Field but it sounds like the drums are a bit separated from the mix
what i can hear of the harmonies they sound good so maybe pan a little L R & a few milliseconds delay
i think you should be proud of what you have done & try some other Mixes its a good song

success subvibe

Stratomaster

I like the song, i agree with others comments about the bass/drums mix, seems like the drums sound seperate from the bass and guitars. I think dry drums would probably suit the material, if i were producing that might be the change i would try. There's also some mistakes in the drum part which would bother me with repeated listens. I don't think the bass is too loud at all, it seems to be driving the song. Overall i think the mix is very good, nice use of the stereo field and nice separation, everything can be heard clearly.

Nola

Mix sounds good other than the very low drums, but everything can't be loudest, so maybe you want it that way?
The bass sounded off the 1 beat (out of time) on a few bars.

I love all those bands you mentioned! We need more stuff inspired by those bands, so keep it up.

Papanate

Nice song - pop version of the Grateful Dead I think - drums should be louder - @Nola is right your bass is off on parts of the beat.

stratmonkee

Yeah cool! Like the feel a lot, kind of a dreamy Grateful Dead, great vocals! Love the backing ,do hear a little bass guitar drift , but easy fix I think, really cool song!