In-n-Out forced to close one of it's stores due to high crime...first time in 76 years

TAE

All you have is now
Love em or hate em ( I love em but I'm a local) In-n-Out has been a staple in Cali for as long as I've been breathing. Amazing local success story, They have continued to grow and spread into Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Utah. I've watched a few that I grew up with get torn down and relocated close to where the original was but never seen one be purposely, permanently closed down. Until now. in 76 years they have never had to do this but in this woken world this is where we are going. Oakland ..not a great place to raise up your kids. What a black eye this going to be for Oaklands PR.

1706199614771.png

This is becoming a more common occurrence. I've read at least a half dozen accounts of stores closing because of rampant theft, from simple shoplifting to flagrant smash and grabs. Walmart went so far as to announce the closing of their stores in Portland OR, partly because of the constant losses due to theft.

I never realized that Portland had become such a crime ridden place, but if there are no consequences to criminal actions, it's to be expected. I see constant stories on the local news about people getting arrested, and the charges always seem to contain "possession of firearm by a convicted felon".

Yes smash and grab looting is up 16% this year in LA. Yeah they need to catch these bastards and make them pay...Problem is our policing system doesn't foster putting cops on the job to stop crimes that don't create revenue. Sadly it's the business of justifying their existence. It is much more profitable to invest their time issuing traffic and parking tickets than staking out retail stores or cruising the streets looking for bad guys. Not to mention the cluster of time and money that each officer must spend in trial court once they have a bad guy caught and try to get him convicted. It's a lose lose situation.

WalMart and Whole Foods (a foofy high-end grocery store) put up a some brand new stores in a couple of low income black neighborhoods here in Chicago.
All of these stores closed within 3 years due to constant thefts and looting and car jackings in the parking lots. Walgreens also had to pull out, too. Very sad, because these poor folks finally got some decent places to shop in their area and the local thugs ruined it.

The assclown overseeing the disintegration of the People's Republic of Kahliforniastan wants to be your next POTUS and many (D)-worshipping assclown voters think that's a good idea.

The great wasteland of american culture soon coming to a theater near you.
The reality that many refuse to acknowledge is that it's the "culture" such as it is that exists within certain populations. The fundamental problem isn't on the enforcement side, and no it's not because people "need God" - every shithole crime-incubating area including Oakland has churches. It's that there are so many who have no problem committing crime for the most part because they were born to people who were useless as parents who could only offer their offspring an existence among other feral assholes just like them. They're further enabled by those who make bullshit excuses for them.

The assclown overseeing the disintegration of the People's Republic of Kahliforniastan wants to be your next POTUS and many (D)-worshipping assclown voters think that's a good idea.

The reality that many refuse to acknowledge is that it's the "culture" such as it is that exists within certain populations. The fundamental problem isn't on the enforcement side, and no it's not because people "need God" - every shithole crime-incubating area including Oakland has churches. It's that there are so many who have no problem committing crime for the most part because they were born to people who were useless as parents who could only offer their offspring an existence among other feral assholes just like them. They're further enabled by those who make bullshit excuses for them.
I'm sorry, I must disagree. It's too easy, and intellectually lazy to just say "THEM". Them are most likely comprised of a minority of well known criminals within the community. So, if the community majority voted to defund law enforcement, then said majority should hunt down those criminals and beat the $h!t out of them.

Love em or hate em ( I love em but I'm a local) In-n-Out has been a staple in Cali for as long as I've been breathing. Amazing local success story, They have continued to grow and spread into Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Utah. I've watched a few that I grew up with get torn down and relocated close to where the original was but never seen one be purposely, permanently closed down. Until now. in 76 years they have never had to do this but in this woken world this is where we are going. Oakland ..not a great place to raise up your kids. What a black eye this going to be for Oaklands PR.
It is no surprise that In/Out is doing this - but no one can operate in such horrid conditions - but a Black Eye for Oakland PR? Not even close to one - Oakland has been crime ridden for 65 years - I was up there about 20 years ago - staying at the Marriott - and they told me after 5pm I shouldn't go anywhere in the neighborhood - it was too dangerous - Cities like Oakland need to Crack Heads - they need to Make it so uncomfortable for anyone to operate in the neighborhoods that they leave - but the Government won't - most of the top officials are part of the problem - and they won't lift a hand to help - and the police are overwhelmed and understaffed - so it's no wonder people are packing up and leaving.

Reactions: TAE
brassplyer said:

I'm sorry, I must disagree. It's too easy, and intellectually lazy to just say "THEM". Them are most likely comprised of a minority of well known criminals within the community. So, if the community majority voted to defund law enforcement, then said majority should hunt down those criminals and beat the $h!t out of them.
I didn't say there shouldn't be law enforcement, arrests and incarceration but that whole process is always an after the fact affair and the system has been overwhelmed since before the "defund the police" bullshit. I think you're looking through out of focus glasses regarding the percentage of criminals in high crime areas - surely you've seen the ocean of people during the various riots committing vandalism, arson, looting, assault, murder - every one of them in the crime-willing category. It's clear they're a pretty large "minority". Wanna bet close to 100% of the folks in those areas in the demographics most disproportionately represented in crime stats if they haven't been in the criminal justice system themselves know several people who have?

Papanate's anecdote above is because the likelihood of encountering crime is so high - that's not because a small number of denizens are crime-willing.

Would you agree that it's more desirable for people to not commit crime in the first place? I don't know about you but there have been -0- police resources expended on me as the result of criminal behavior. I enter businesses armed pretty much every day and have never been even mildly tempted to rob any of them.

What's never been tried are measures to cull the criminal class. States limiting or outlawing abortion primarily because of those who embrace Bronze Age mysticism are taking a giant leap backwards.

Last edited:

Groups behind Israel-bashing protests backing Hamas attacks got $15M-plus from Soros...​

Today the Claremont Institute's Center for the American Way of Life published the most comprehensive database to date tracking corporate contributions and pledges to the Black Lives Matter movement and related causes from 2020 to the present. Companies and corporations pledged or contributed an astonishing $82.9 billion to the BLM movement and related causes. This includes more than $123 million to the BLM parent organizations directly. These figures, while shocking, likely underrepresent the true magnitude of the shakedown as some companies failed to make known their contributions, and many BLM organizations remain unknown.

To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy.
To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy.
To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy.
To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy. To much politics makes Johny a dull boy.

Today the Claremont Institute's Center for the American Way of Life published the most comprehensive database to date tracking corporate contributions and pledges to the Black Lives Matter movement and related causes from 2020 to the present. Companies and corporations pledged or contributed an astonishing $82.9 billion to the BLM movement and related causes. This includes more than $123 million to the BLM parent organizations directly. These figures, while shocking, likely underrepresent the true magnitude of the shakedown as some companies failed to make known their contributions, and many BLM organizations remain unknown.
Interesting ...I had not heard of the Claremont Institute but live just about 15 miles from the 7C's or Claremont colleges. The "institute" and or "think tank" IS NOT AFFILIATED with the 7C's though a few instructors of those colleges are part of it.
When I clicked on one of the links they provided in the report on corporations that had donated 82 billion to BLM I came to find they were pretty willy nilly including donations that had nothing to do with the BLM organization but rather programs to lift their black employees or donating to underfunded Black communities etc....in other words lying with statistics. It's an easy thing to do and most all politicians do it...but when you do such stupid shit you lose credibility. How can I trust what you say when you don't verify your facts before putting them out there....The corporation link I clicked on was Adidas HERE searched that article not one word or mention of BLM and yet they represent $120,000,000 of that 82 billion number ..

So I decided to do a little digging.....hmmmm?

Oddly enough here is an article that was published last year in one of the 7C's college papers about it. Written by a Leftist who is very concerned with the "institute" and that it is being affiliated by name and members with the 7 C's Article is HERE

Back