In ear monitor phone

Tinh

Hi !

I saw in the "Voice" in TV ,the singer use a flat ear phone which sticks deep into the ear. Can you tell me where in Australia I can buy this ?

Don't watch that show, but in-ear monitors are avaialble at any good music instrument store (or mail-order) - note you need the belt-pack - typically these are wireless receivers (so you need a transmitter, too), but there are some that can be used wired.
Just google 'custom in ear monitors australia', plenty of matches.

I think the "flat" ones you see the big name guys use are typically custom molded to fit their ears. If you're looking for nice quality, off the shelf in-ears, however, I can personally recommend Shure SE215. Of course, as Mike said, in-ears are typically wireless, therefore, EXPENSIVE. The Shure PSM200 is a good wireless system that comes with the SE215s standard. It can be used wired OR wireless.

If you're in a studio or old guys like us who don't move around much, wired might work OK for you. We play seated on stools and found we can run the in-ear cables up our instrument cables with no problem and they aren't ever seen by the audience any more than the instrument cables are. For 3 of us, that little inconvenience saves us about $1500!!!!

Hi !

I saw in the "Voice" in TV ,the singer use a flat ear phone which sticks deep into the ear. Can you tell me where in Australia I can buy this ?

One of the mags just had an article this month on in ear monitors, may have been this edition of Audio Technology magazine, an Oz mag, have a look at a news agent.

Alan.

I think the "flat" ones you see the big name guys use are typically custom molded to fit their ears. If you're looking for nice quality, off the shelf in-ears, however, I can personally recommend Shure SE215. Of course, as Mike said, in-ears are typically wireless, therefore, EXPENSIVE. The Shure PSM200 is a good wireless system that comes with the SE215s standard. It can be used wired OR wireless.

If you're in a studio or old guys like us who don't move around much, wired might work OK for you. We play seated on stools and found we can run the in-ear cables up our instrument cables with no problem and they aren't ever seen by the audience any more than the instrument cables are. For 3 of us, that little inconvenience saves us about $1500!!!!

I was using the PSM200 with SE215 as well, good sound from them and like he said, can be used wired. Note they go through 9V batteries pretty quick, so the battery eliminator is good to have when in the studio. Of course live, you don't need yet another wire hanging off you.

Back