I'm building some panels

DrJosh

I cut the 703 into thirds:

panels1.jpg

backed with 1x2 framing:

panels2.jpg

and have 11 of 15 completed:

panels3.jpg

I'll build a cloud and post more pics when everything's installed. Enjoy!
Josh

Those look great, two questions though. One, could you post pictures of the backs of the panels and two, what type of fabric are you using?

Sure, I'll take some more pics when I finish up the batch this afternoon. The fabric is a poly/cotton blend, kinda like cheap bedsheets. $2/yard at Jo-Ann fabric. Passed the breath test, though. =)

Those look nice, but I am wondering why you used such wide wood framing? It seems to me that out of the entire face of the panel only half or less is actually dampening material.

i think the framing is just on the back. so the 703 sits on top of it. they're actually kind of cool because they are sort of open backed and sort of backed with wood.

are these going to be part of the cloud or is that yet to be built?

are these going to be part of the cloud or is that yet to be built?
These are for the walls. The room has a dropped ceiling so I'm building 4 framed 2'x2' panels to replace the "acoustic" ceiling tiles above the kit. Pics forthcoming...

Here are some pics of the rear of the panels, showing the simple standoffs to space them from the wall:

panels4.jpg

panels5.jpg

awesome

your room really looks awesome. is that laminate flooring or hardwood? it looks really shiny.....if its laminate, did you treat it with anything?

i just installed laminate floors in my studio and i love the way they look but i'd like them to be shiny like yours.

anyways, awesome job on the panels. i'm looking forward to more pictures, especially of them installed.

Thanks, guys. The floor is Pergo, it was installed by the previous owners but I don't think they did anything special to make it shiny. I try to keep it clean, though :)

Did some work on the cloud panels:

Front:

panels6.jpg

Back. 703 drops in:

panels7.jpg

Test fit:

panels8.jpg

Like a glove! :D

Back