If Greg Did Metal

I've been watching this guy's videos for a few months. I'm not sure the fans really do deserve better.

I've been watching this guy's videos for a few months. I'm not sure the fans really do deserve better.
He's pretty funny, and like that Scottish guy, even though what he's talking about is applied to metal - the general principals can easily be applied elsewhere.

It is quite tricky to find good new music now though 'cos there is so much dross that is mass marketed.

Who's the Scottish guy? If he's on Youtube and entertaining, shoot me a link.

I've stopped listening to the radio years ago. I've lost track of what's mass marketed. But I do still find great music to listen to every day, some old some new.

I've seen a few of his vids before & he's reasonably straightforward.
I wouldn't call him old & his GOOD metal references are to things from the NWOBHM so his idea of good isn't partricularly good.

Last edited:
When the guy uses more expletives than actually words in his video, it shows that he is not intelligent enough to properly express himself or deserving of my attention. The Scottish guy is MUCH better. Rather than just rant about crap, he actually explains and articulates very intelligently.

This guy makes good points but he's become a sellout. He made video bashing the Axe-FX II and sims in general and then did an endorsement series for the Bias simulation software.
He can be bought to say whatever you want him to. He'd be endorsing autotune if they paid him.

Merry Christmas.

Ugh...this guy. It's really hard for me to make it through one of his videos. I did watch his piece on properly holding a mic, and although I hated him after the first few seconds, I do think my mic handling on stage has improved.

This guy makes good points but he's become a sellout. He made video bashing the Axe-FX II and sims in general and then did an endorsement series for the Bias simulation software.
He can be bought to say whatever you want him to. He'd be endorsing autotune if they paid him.

Merry Christmas.

if something was was shit i believe he`d say so,maybe bias works for him?

love those viewer comments and stupid text sections :D

Somebody just attempt to define 'metal'. That would likely be the longest thread ever.

Well, besides the tone thread and that other one. But the 'metal' thread would never have any truly useful information. Just opinions.

Back