I'd like some info about ordering from Thomann

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I really want a Harley Benton SC-450 P90 GT Classic Series.

I'd like to know if anyone in the U.S. has ordered a guitar (or whatever) from Thomann that was shipped overseas to the U.S. What's involved with this? Are there extra fees and/or taxes that need to be paid when it arrives in the U.S. ? Or. . . is Thomann's shipping charge covering all that?

I've read some horror stories about various bits of gear bought from Thomann and shipped here to the U.S. that got tied up in customs or some other entry point due to additional fees and or taxes needing to be paid before their item is released for final shipment to the buyer's address. I realize these stories may be few and far between, but they do seem to happen. There's also plenty of happy posters claiming no problems at all, they just order from Thomann and it gets shipped from there to the U.S. and delivered to their front doorstep - like Amazon, only a longer timeframe.

I swear I'm having a deja vu. I could have sworn you started this thread about a month ago. Must have been someone else.

Anyway, I bought a "Les Paul" off them about 2 years ago. Came as advertised, nothing damaged, got it within a week of ordering.

No complaints here.

I swear I'm having a deja vu. I could have sworn you started this thread about a month ago. Must have been someone else.

Anyway, I bought a "Les Paul" off them about 2 years ago. Came as advertised, nothing damaged, got it within a week of ordering.

No complaints here.
I touched on the subject in someone else's thread, that's probably what you remember.

OK. Thanks for the happy story on your LP, it's reassuring :-) The order times on this one keep changing, from 7-9 weeks then 9-13 weeks, then down to 5-7 weeks so I may never see one anyway.

$134! Seriously? I'm thinkin a Pete Townsend deal - the one you smash on stage.

I did that with my first "real" bass guitar as a teen :LOL: This Harley Benton will be treated much better.

Back