Ickle

Maybe he/she doesn't have a question, but I do. Two, in fact.

1 Reverb's a big part of stuff like this, and it's a big part of the sound of this mix. I'm curious how you maintained clear definition of sounds with the different reverbs going on. The blunt question is: How'd you do that? And the sub-question is: Did you use the the same reverb plugin on everything?

2 Did you intentionally mix the bass in as low as you did? (Maybe it's bigger on larger speakers, but through my earbuds, it's not anywhere near as present as the synthwork and percussion.) It could be way bigger, at the 2.00 mark, for instance. Why not mix the bass in bigger, is what I'm asking.

I like this piece. Really lovely. It scintillates.

oh yea good beats at leben terty
pure prefect sonics
the snaps
the chips
all gud
its Asian
its mutative
no mutative
reminds me of Emser of old - the master

you use logic

i love all of this

now i dance and and rebuilt
but reassembles as different
still handsome
but more soft

this i perfection

off i spin like a finger tin
flicked then forgot
oh no
here i go
see him over there
the strong guy
he took me to bed to lay my baby head
full of the things we love
full of the things we laughed at
so funny your picture
your mammy dead
she said dead so plain
your daddy dead
again, with respect
this i hear in the roiling music - evocative
i play on peet (sic)
as they say in the paper...

No questions.
Maybe he/she doesn't have a question, but I do. Two, in fact.

1 Reverb's a big part of stuff like this, and it's a big part of the sound of this mix. I'm curious how you maintained clear definition of sounds with the different reverbs going on. The blunt question is: How'd you do that? And the sub-question is: Did you use the the same reverb plugin on everything?

2 Did you intentionally mix the bass in as low as you did? (Maybe it's bigger on larger speakers, but through my earbuds, it's not anywhere near as present as the synthwork and percussion.) It could be way bigger, at the 2.00 mark, for instance. Why not mix the bass in bigger, is what I'm asking.

I like this piece. Really lovely. It scintillates.
1) I only used fx while tracking. Different units (eventide eclipse and strymon bigsky/timeline/mobius/volante), with different setup for each part. No plugins.
2) I wanted to keep the low-end as clean as possible.

Thanks!

All the best,
Val

Back