How's the mix and balance? Prog Rock/Industrial tune (instrumental at the moment)

STAT1STICK

I just finished doing the majority of the work on a new song I started this weekend. I'll be recording vocals in the next weekend or two. I'm at a good place to stop working and I'd like to know if there's anything odd in there before I move forward.

I'll provide a soundcloud link and I'll also provide a google link to a 24-bit, 48 khz .wav file.

Google Drive - RGS-22419-2

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I like the growly bass.

The rhythm guitars kind of have the opposite of the "...And Justice For All issue" where the bass completely buries them.

I like the growly bass.

The rhythm guitars kind of have the opposite of the "...And Justice For All issue" where the bass completely buries them.

I keep thinking about that. I'd like the guitars to come up a bit more. I didn't want them to be too prominent but if they're too quiet, I can adjust them. Thank you.

Alright. I had to take some time off work and I had a chance to do some mixing and record some vocals. I was getting this nasty farty sound from the guitar and bass chugg parts so I played around with some compressors and this is what I got. I suppose I didn't need to post this here because I feel like it's finished but I wanted to keep you in the loop. Thanks for your help again, Steve.

I would have added more guitar presence.
maybe have that snare ring a loud long reverb tail in a few sections, not everywhere just a few segments.. just a suggestion.

Back