How to take off effects on vocals?

Yung Zig

im using cool edit pro 2.1. and when i put effects on vocals how to i take them off..for example if i put a reverb on da vocal and i dont like it how do i take it off..this is my 2nd day using cool edit so imma little lost lol thanks for any help.

First off, don't save it. If you do it's there for good. Go to edit in the tool bar, click undo and the effect will be taken off. You can undo several things from one track. If you put 5 effects on a track and don't like the way it turned out, you can undo all 5, or one of 5 or 2 of 5 and so on.

If you still have the session open, you can undo.

With Cool Edit, it's best to copy all your original tracks to a new directory then open them in a new session to do any editing. I've destroyed a lot of good takes by processing them in Cool Edit without having backup copies.

Before I upgraded to Audition, I'd make a directory for every overdub session with copies of the original files. Audition is well worth the cost for the realtime effects busses alone.

So in Adobe Audition is there some sort of effects list that lets me take effects off? If so then im upgrading.

Back