How to have THIS sound ?

Firefab

Hi,

I'm wondering how to have a POP/ROCK Chorus like Nickelback. In this song : YouTube , in the chorus I hear electric guitar & acoustic very low ? How can I have this sound with Amplitube or Guitar Rig ? Every time I put 2 guitar with distortion hard left&right and it doesn't sound reall good. I'm not really used to do that kind of song, I'm more used to acoustic / pop song.

Anyone got preset for that kind of style ? Any tricks for Rock/Pop like nickelback ?

Thanks !

I'm not sure what THEY did exactly, in the past I've found some insider info on bands and songs that I liked by looking up online magazines, like sound on sound. One trick I discovered was when u double an electric guitar and pan, make one slightly different, maybe one kind of amp on one side, a different on another, it makes a bigger sound where as an exact copy just makes the same sound data louder

...in the chorus I hear electric guitar & acoustic very low ? How can I have this sound..?

By having an electric and acoustic very low.

I'll disregard that you posted a Nickelback song. Free pass. Everyone gets one.

I don't know what kind of sounds you're getting now, but keep in mind this band has access to amazing rooms, equipment, producers, engineers, and mastering folk. That isn't to say you can't get close to their sound, but the majority of it starts with your raw captured material. On the engineering side, listen to how clearly down the middle the kick drum and snare are ..the only reason it's so obvious and clear is because those chorus guitars are hard panned. The acoustics are very low in the mix, but still there. Their specific amps/cabs are responsible for the guitar tone, and that's hard to replicate with virtual guitar stuff - I've been trying for a couple years now. But the guitar mix gets pretty dense near the end, as you can hear multiple layers of guitars and strings pushing the sides.

Basically, the fundamental concepts of volume and panning are key to this mix.

Back