$ How much for the mp3 encoder patch??

lifelyrics

Training wheels on
Okay, I'm so excited about my new SONAR Home Studio 7 XL software, but I've already used the mp3 encoder a bunch of times, and am worried about the 30 day trial period. What am I in for, in less than 30 days?? I looked on the Cakewalk website, and a couple of forums, and I've seen people discussing "it", but no price tag. Please help me be informed, so that I'm ready when the time comes... (California, United States)

Or just render you song down to a 16bit/44.1khz (standard cd quality) wav file.

Then you can use any free method to encode the mp3 ( Windows Media, iTunes, Winamp, etc....)

You don't need to pay to make mp3s.....

I use VLC Media Player's wizard function to render exported Sonar wav files to mp3. VLC is quite happy to render 24 and 32 bit wavs.

Thanks - why didn't I think of that?

I think you'll find most folks are using the LAME encoder. It's free and works quite well.

If you're bent on usind the Cakewalk product...have a look here; http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/category.aspx?categoryID=46

I already have and frequently us the LAME encoder, but it is for church talks and such. It never crossed my mind to use it for my music files, once they're finished. When I worked in Audacity, I always converted to mp3 within audacity, then had to go back and fix all the labels, because it kept the same info (title, artist, genre, etc.) for each song within a session.

So, yes, I will definitely use LAME for my music files, now. It works great - and it's free!!

Back