How many guitars have you owned?

How many guitars have you had through the years?

• 1-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 16-20

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 21-25

• 26+

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Too many to even guess

• Total voters

liv_rong

Knows very little
How many have you gone through over the years? Im sure its a lot for most people :D I have gone through a fair number of them, mostly all cheap crap. I remember them all still because I never really had a ton of them and Im still relatively young at 33. Ive passed the point of having a guitar just to have another unless its something nice in which case I cant really afford anything nice at the moment anyways. So Im pretty settled now for a while, of course there is one or two Id like to round out my collection.

5 electrics - 4 of which I still have, although one (an old strat copy is about to get re-built with electronics like my current main guitar)
2 acoustics - I still have a lovely Mexican Martin, gave my tanglewood to my niece.
1 classical - haven't seen it for years - probably in my parents attic or something
2 basses - both shit, both have strings that are at least 10 years old. One is slightly less shit than the other.

I'd like a hollowbody electric like a 335 or a thinline and I'd like a classic tele (with single coils) to round out the collection although I have no use for either at the moment.

I have all I've ever bought, bar one, which I smashed. The poll needs to have an extra question - "how many do you play regularly?" Which is the saddest bit of data.

I currently have 22 guitars (13 electrics, 9 acoustics) and 2 basses in my harem. I've had 3 strats stolen, sold 2 other strats, an SG special, an ESP LTD Ec1000 and 2 Ibanez RG models and just recently sold another 4 random guitars. I think that's all of them... :D

I think I'm in the minority, as usual, in that I'd rather have amps. I like my guitars, but I'm more interested in amps. Gimme 20 heads and cabs and just a few guitars and I'm fine.

Currently 27, number 28 arrives tomorrow, gave one away a few months ago to someone down on their luck, other than that I have never parted with one hence I now have a selection.

Edit: Number 28 is safely home. 2012 custom shop deluxe strat. Played maybe twice and left in its case by the previous owner who is a collector. Now rescued to be played a lot.

custom Shop D.jpg

Last edited:
Currently 27, number 28 arrives tomorrow, gave one away a few months ago to someone down on their luck, other than that I have never parted with one hence I now have a selection.

Glad to see someone else is mentally ill on the forums. :)

I'm currently at 24 (counting basses and acoustics)...but how many guitars have I had through the years?
Shit...I've sold at least another 10-12 over the years...so total...I guess 'm hitting around the 3 dozen mark.

Owned? As in past tense? Hundreds. :D

Current stable? Well, we shall leave that one alone.

Ok let me see if I can remember them all :

Unknown Classical (came with 2 Lightfoot LP's for Xmas)
Silvertone ES335 (pure crap)
years pass....into my late teens
Hagstrom II Bass (Red which I painted brown)
Ibanez Goldtop LP copy (Sold for $90)
Gibson LP Deluxe Goldtop (Traded for 55/74)
Gibson LP Custom Black Beauty (Rent Money)
Gibson 55/74 LP Special (Stolen)
Ibanez Roadster Bass (Traded for Strat)
Fender Hardtail Strat (Stolen)

These I still have:
78 Fender Hardtail Strat
83 Kramer Pacer Imperial
96 Fender EC Strat
14 Gibson LP Custom

G

I have had 10 so far in the last 32 years. There was eight electric and 2 acoustic. I still have three electric and one acoustic but working hard to reduce this number to 1+1. Two of the 3 electrics I have are going to be sold very soon. I think I am becoming a minimalist dude.

:thumbs up:

Back