how do you delete files???

thedansound

so, i'm using an older version (3.3) of n-track. i can find nowhere that will allow me to not only delete the song files, but also the data, effects, 'new song', etc. i have all of this stuff filling my hard drive. any suggestions? thanks! :D

Can you not just find the folder they are in and dump them rather than going through N-track. I dont use N-track but im sure its the same as any other. Just find the Parent folder where you are saving to.

deleting song files in N-track

I use n-track all the time. When I start a song, I make a folder, name that song,
this way you don't have to search all through the n-tracks main folder. When you're done, just delete that song folder. I also make folders inside folders, and delete what is garbage, after I'm done.

Hope that was helpful. :rolleyes:

Do a "Save As" and put the song in a new folder. Everything used in the song will come along.

If you go into preferences, you can check a box that so that when you record, N will ask you where you want the file to go. A little bit of organization on the front end will save you a TON of grief on the back end....

thanks, however it doesn't seem to...

i appreciate the responses that i've received but that doesn't seem to work. or maybe i'm doing it wrong.

what i'm doing is "save as/new folder" but what happens is that the file ends up being duplicated. the other, original file remains. when i try to remove the song (say one with four tracks) i can get rid of the file with the .sng icon and a few other types. but what happens is that the original "new song" file remains (anonymosly named "new song") along with information files.

then when i open the "new folder" what happens is only certain parts remain.

unfortunately, i'm not a computer guy. i've only been interested in making sure i could get the work ONTO the computer. it didn't dawn on me until a while back that i don't know how to get it OUT of the computer.

thanks for your help!

N-tracks

OK, start with new song save it as, Lets call it "Hello" . You make a folder called "Hello", and that way there, you go to the hello folder and open up your song. Depending on how many tracks you have, and how many parts in one track, they'll all be there in the folder called "Hello" . You can delete the whole folder afterwards if you want. Or if you make a second recording and you save it as "Hello Master", then you can delete the original sgn file called "Hello". Don't delete your main master tracks, otherwise your "Master Hello" sng file will be missing parts of the song. When you delete always make sure it goes to the recycle bin, in case you make a mistake, then you can go and restore parts of the song. Just open the recycle bin, find the deleted song part, and press restore. Aren't computers fun!

Hope this was helpful, :D

Back