How do you catalog mp3 files that are mixes of multiple songs?

fwrunner2017

Hi;
I am not a professional, but I like to create "radio style" mixes from songs I have on my hard drive (ripped to .wav).
I have been using Audacity to create mixes, which are nothing more than the entire songs "cross-faded" into each other so that they play a continuous stream without gaps.

On my Android phone, I use "Poweramp" (paid version). That app allows me to enqueue songs, then listen to the entire queue. If I turn-on cross-fading, I get a pretty good gapless stream of music, but I really like the way they sound when I mix them myself on my pc and then export to my phone as mp3.
You see, I don't actually cross-fade the songs. I usually start another song playing before the current song starts to fade. Like the radio DJ's do it sometimes.
I try to beat-match, or at least attempt to make it sound smooth by picking songs carefully, and playing with the multi-track editor so that the transition sounds just the way I like it.

My problem is not getting my music to sound the way I want it; it is catalogging the mixes I have created.
On my PC I use an Access (relational) database, but it cannot be exported to my Android phone - and it's a bit clugey the way I have designed it - I'm sure I could do better.
But that wouldn't help me when I'm listening to the mixes as mp3's on my phone.
Poweramp reads the ID3 tags from the files, which is fine for single songs. But what happens when I create a mix of multiple songs? So far as I can tell, there is no way of creating an ID3 tag that has multiple titles for the same file. I guess I could list all of the songs in the Title field, separating them with a comma, but I really don't think ID3 tags will allow 20 or more songs to be listed like that. Besides, it would be impossible to read the song names in Poweramp.

I guess what I am looking for is a program to run on both Windows (7) and Android (7) that could sync the database (and songs) between the pc and the phone. The phone app would allow me to select a particular song or mix I wanted to hear, then either play it with its own built-in player, or start Poweramp to play it.

I have spent an hour Googling this, but so far have come up with squat.

I suppose that most sane people simply use the cross-fading feature on their phone's music player and don't bother to do all the work of creating mixes. But this is something I really enjoy doing, and was just wondering whether there is a better method of catalogging and selecting the mixes.

BTW: I am probably going to purchase and move to Reaper, because it allows me to play with the mix live - as it is playing, whereas Audacity requires you to stop the playback before moving any tracks. Being able to do it live really does make the process much easier, so I think it's worth the $60 for Reaper.

Thanks for your help

FW

Thanks for the link. I started using Media Monkey last night but did not go so far as to purchase it (purchase req'd to sync w phone). I will try Winamp first. Maybe if i can get the phone app to cross fade the way i want i wont need to create my own mixes. As fun as it can be, i dont enjoy re-inventing the wheel.

I have been using Poweramp for so long, & have been happy with it, so i never looked for anything better. Now its time to do some exploring...

Back