How can I achieve utmost vocal resonance?

Dance host

Are there meds or potions to clear the sinuses and related areas? At times, I seem almost entirely clogged in that region. I so admire people who speak and sing with a head and nose that seems completly open.
A while back a doc told me I had a deviated septum and wanted to operate. I declined and really don't know if that would help resonance. There are times though when I seem to only be breathing from one nostril but this does alternate. When I've had rare good singing nights, with good resonance, the singing seemed effortless. I thinking that an open head was the reason. Will appreciate your thoughts on this.

Are there meds or potions to clear the sinuses and related areas?

You're kidding...?

Have you been to the local pharmacy lately? :)

You and millions have sinus issues. Shit, every day I deal with it, but it's never a permanent, thing.
If you have an actual permanent, physical obstruction...then let the doctor do his thing.

Had the deviated septum operation when I was about 22. My left side was pretty much blocked similar to your situation. It's not 50/50 now but probably 60/40. I did notice an improvement in breathing and tone. Hurt like @#$%$ lol....

Are there meds or potions to clear the sinuses and related areas? At times, I seem almost entirely clogged in that region. I so admire people who speak and sing with a head and nose that seems completly open.
A while back a doc told me I had a deviated septum and wanted to operate. I declined and really don't know if that would help resonance. There are times though when I seem to only be breathing from one nostril but this does alternate. When I've had rare good singing nights, with good resonance, the singing seemed effortless. I thinking that an open head was the reason. Will appreciate your thoughts on this.

There is absolutely no validity to the idea that having clear sinuses makes a voice resonant. This was debunked in the 50s in this book:
Singing: The Mechanism and the Technic: William Vennard: 9780825800559: Amazon.com: Books .

Our main resonator is the pharynx, which is the space above the larynx/voice box. Certainly having clogged sinuses while singing can give you a headache or feel unpleasant, but it doesn't affect the resonance. Being able to breathe is a nice feeling :) so perhaps you should reconsider the operation. But I'm not a doctor.

Back