High End Audio Interface and Summing Mixer Combined?

BigEZ

The Devil Has Blue Eyes
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this exists but I certainly can't find one on the web. I'm looking for a high-end audio interface with great AD/DA conversion like the RME UFX combined with an analog summing mixer in one box. The Dangerous Music D-Box is so close with the converters, summing, monitor section, etc., but no interface. Is there a product out there like this? I can't believe there isn't...with the increasing popularity of home studios, you'd think this would be a high demand product. People would eat it up instead of having to buy two pieces of hardware seperately. If there isn't one, whoever brings it out first is going to make a killing!

Thanks,

Rok,

I know what you mean. I am looking at the Neve 5059, 16 channels, but no A/D coverter.

The next thing I am looking into is the Crane Song EGRET. It only has 8 channels but does have the A/D conversion.

If you run into anything else, please post it here.

SM

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a shame the Crane Song doesn't have an audio interface built in as well. First one to produce a high quality box with converters, summing and interface will be rolling in green.

Too much riding on one piece. It'll never happen.

I disagree. There have been so many big ticket items that have been scaled down for the home studio market. This is the next logical step. Whoever has the balls to do it will be very well rewarded. The A&H ZEDR16 comes close but not quite there. Push it one step further and it will become a classic piece of audio gear if it's done well.

I am not sure about this one as well . I do feel that it has got no trace on the internet . Though it would be great if it exists and it is quite hard to believe that in the world of home studios, it doesn't exist.

WTF are you talking about??:wtf:

Back