Hi, Don here, new to this site.

photonics

I used a Tascam 1608 I/O but it died and I have the older 1800 but it is discontinued and drivers don't work on win 10, anyone know of work to get those I/O's running again?

According to Tascam, the 1800 driver v2.05 or higher is supposed to be compatible with WIn10. https://tascam.com/us/support/news/2215 If you have an installation issue, you might also try running it under Windows 7 compatibility mode.

How did the 16x08 die? Anything in particular or just quit working.?

I called Tascam support and they are the ones telling me they won't work on win 10, and it sure didn't work with me. The last update for the 1800 was like 7 years ago.
I thought about win 7 compatibility mode, but if I do that and open my Studio one which is happy with Win 10, will the 1800 still work when the rest of the comp is running 10?

I called Tascam support and they are the ones telling me they won't work on win 10, and it sure didn't work with me. The last update for the 1800 was like 7 years ago.
I thought about win 7 compatibility mode, but if I do that and open my Studio one which is happy with Win 10, will the 1800 still work when the rest of the comp is running 10?
Oh yeah, the 1608 first had two dead channels and I just worked around them but then the weirdest thing happened, I tried recording with it and before it totally crashed if I hit a note on a guitar string, a single blip of note, there was a really noticeable delay AND the note that came out was about a half note low! THAT was weird, never saw that before.
But later that day it just died, power and USB lite still lit but zero from any mics, no sound even to the earphone out much less going to Studio one.

It turns out I can in fact connect the old 1800 to my win 10 box. I was just doing it wrong, had to start without the 1800 hooked up then it asks for it to be connected to the USB port and THEN turn it on. After that the download of the driver went smoothly so the official product support dude at Tascam was wrong.
Audio is now going to Studio one which is a big relief, now just waiting for my replacement 1608 to get here.

It turns out I can in fact connect the old 1800 to my win 10 box. I was just doing it wrong, had to start without the 1800 hooked up then it asks for it to be connected to the USB port and THEN turn it on. After that the download of the driver went smoothly so the official product support dude at Tascam was wrong.
Audio is now going to Studio one which is a big relief, now just waiting for my replacement 1608 to get here.
Nice! I spent a bunch of years with the 1800 and the 1641 predecessor. I was surprised it didn't work.

Great to hear you got it figured! Cheers from here! :drunk:

Back