Hey guys long time...

clifchamb

Sounds like you all are still enjoying your Mr-8's!

As for mine it is official: My loc A key is not working so setting up auto punch-ins etc is impossible.

Here is my question; I noticed a Foot switch jack in the back of the mR-8, and according to the manual, it works with the 8051 foot switch. Anyone know how much these are or where I can get one?

Hope all is well,

clif

PS> I am also interested in doing a collab through swapping and converting MP3's to wav files so anyone interested in bass PM me!

These run about $25. and I think I got mine from ZZsounds. I believe 8th Street music carries one. Well worth it. Nice piece of gear that I've been using on my VF80/160. Punch in/out done with ease and no clicks whatsoever.

I would stay with the Fostex model since plugging in other types causes a malfunction at start-up.

Hey clif,
Good to see ya back! I think we're in the process of getting a collab together... been out of town for the holidays and got respitory flu, so I'm home today. If you're interested in the collab (CCM tune I wrote) just let me know.

bd

Thanks guys! Good to be back! I have been lurking around here from time to time.

I have been busy with a new coverband that just started playing shows this last month and we only had October to get our set list down. We are sponsered by Budweiser so we expect some pretty cool things.

My twin brother (who is the guitarist for this band) and the singer for this band both now have MR-8's thanks to my suggestions.

If I have any new stuff I will be sure to post it.

clif

Wow! Where have you been? This place is no where as much fun without people like you.

By the way, check out this thing I did about a month ago (MR8 and Ntrack). I called it "The Unanswered Question"

DC

digitcallous said:
Wow! Where have you been? This place is no where as much fun without people like you.

By the way, check out this thing I did about a month ago (MR8 and Ntrack). I called it "The Unanswered Question"

DC

What is the song called? Is sounds really cool....how many guitar parts did you record? Did you use a synth as well?

Very nice. Very beautiful yet disturbing:)

clif

-- What is the song called?

It's called "The Unanswered Question". Seeing the title maybe I shouldn't have answered. ;-)

-- It sounds really cool....how many guitar parts did you record?

The tune is pretty basic. There are two 'acoustic' guitar tracks, doubled on each side. These go throughout the song and are the acoustic picking you hear during the bridge. There is one arpeggiated guitar track with delay used during the verses. Finally there is the distorted guitar in the last verse.

-- Did you use a synth as well?

Yes. It is the very cheesy 'strings' setting (it sounds nothing like real strings) on a old Yamaha keyboard. I don't play keyboard, but I did here using no more than 3 fingers at any time.

DC

Back